I thought it was about time I’d share with you another DIY Face Mask for a quick and easy pick-me-up for your skin! It’s the Oatmeal Facial. This mask is moisturising, hydrating and doesn’t clog pores!
You will need:
- ½ cup hot, but not boiling, water
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 small egg white
Benefits of ingredients:
Oatmeal is an antimicrobial, containing properties which will inhibit the growth of bacteria, ideal for acne sufferers. Also, oatmeal is great at soaking up excess oil.
Plain Yoghurt has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, and naturally has the ability to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. The lactic acid within yoghurt works to eliminate dead skin and tighten pores.
Honey is full of antioxidants, is moisturising, gives a glow, is an anti-inflammatory, is nourishing, is hydrating and helps skin heal.
Egg Whites have astringent properties helping to tighten pores, they also help to smooth wrinkles, promote healthy skin and repair damaged skin. They also fight hyper pigmentation and acne.
1. Mix together the hot water and oatmeal and leave for approx. 2-3 minutes so it can thicken
2. Mix in the yoghurt, honey and egg white
3. Apply to face using a Facial Mask Brush or the back of a spoon (This mask is probably a little too messy to apply with your fingers)
4. Leave to sit on your face for 10-15 minutes 5. Wash off with warm water